Sunday, October 18, 2009

Post #2: "How I started learning The Turkish Language"

This is from my previous site "Travel Sights With Lilliy.com"

Transfer post #2:

Previous original post and link:
How I started learning The turkish Language

In an attempt to learn a new language and inspired by my trips to Turkey.. I had decided to learn Turkish months ago.. It had suddenly made sense to me to learn this language.. I am a descendant originally from Uzbek origin and never been taught by my parents to speak Uzbek, they were worried that it would confuse me I was already learning Arabic and English at the same time.. so they thought learning a third language would be hard on us.. I still remember my late grandfather who was always proud of our origin talking to us only in Uzbek every time we visited him and when ever I say I don’t understand he would turn to my father and scold him and tell him that it was his fault that we don’t speak Uzbek.. ever since I visited Istanbul in Eid and listening to the Turks with the sounds and the words that are very familiar to me.. and since Turkish is the sibling language of Uzbek.. I found that I had more access to Turkish teaching books.. Cds.. and sites which will help me.. so at that time I made my decision that I will learn Turkish! that's how Turkish Phrase of The day had started and from then on I was able to learn slowly especially that it was more fun to share it with others as I also share my travel photos of Turkey. This will continue in this site but I will make it a daily post on its own with a separate category.

Discover Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment