Thursday, November 19, 2009

Twitter Update From The Road... Day One Istanbul

- Well Good Morning from #Istanbul !! I just arrived took a hotel supposedly near the airport but took 20 min to get there.

- First the free shuttle bus to the hotel has specific hours it starts from 7-9 then 11-1 of course didn't know, I arrive no bus bec it was 9:10

- then had to take a taxi who didn't know where the hotel was or so he says went up and down streets tell I saw the hotel and pointed it out

- he could have just taken the highway and we could have gotten there faster. I ended up paying 24 TYL instead of what should have been 15 TYL

- The Holiday Inn airport north hotel is a very comfortable hotel but in the middle of nowhere. Construction on one side & a highway on other

- Friendly staff. free cable Internet service. spacious rooms. I think they said they have shuttle bus to take to city center at specific hrs

- Very clean not much view from the room. No walking distance to cheaper lunch around. U will need a car to get to anywhere. Quick service

- I haven't slept on the plane from #Jeddah to #Istanbul. Will place the dark shutters and sleep. Have early flight tomorrow morning.

- The airport was busy lots of tourist coming & leaving #Istanbul. I always come at quieter times. Summer very crowded airport with busy buses

- #TurkishAirlines were very helpful bec I am still in crutches. Very fast wheelchair service and helpful staff till the pickup area outside.

- Here in Istanbul its 11:23 am, weather partly cloudy, temp 29oC, UV index 6 high, humidity 48%, with wind NE 16km/h

- AC is on... the room is cool... dark shutters are closed... the bed with soft pillows is calling... write to you soon...

- I am trying to learn #Turkish and this is "A brief history of The Turkish Language" post http://su.pr/5TAkGc

- The view from window at the Holiday Inn Airport North #Istanb... on Twitpic

- http://twitpic.com/cmxwq - The view from window at the Holiday Inn Airport North #Istanbul, Good that I have a lot work today and have t ...

- The view from my window this is the middle view. on Twitpic

- http://twitpic.com/cmy4f - The view from my window this is the middle view.

- But very comfortable bed and yes soft pillows @holidayinn on Twitpic

- http://twitpic.com/cmydw - But very comfortable bed and yes soft pillows @holidayinn

- I am twittering @holidayinn #Istanbul and feeling hungery aft... on Twitpic

- http://twitpic.com/cmynp - I am twittering @holidayinn #Istanbul and feeling hungry after my long nap.

- OK should I go down and have dinner or just order in room service. I have loads of work to finish before I leave tomorrow. hmmm

- Thinking room service and later for a drink or lobby watching. My favorite in room service order is usually a club sandwich for some reason

- What is your favorite room service order twitter world?

- Great free cable Internet connection here @holidayinn #Istanbul loving it.

- Changed my regular room service order from a club sandwich to... on Twitpic

- http://twitpic.com/cnaxy - Changed my regular room service order from a club sandwich to Spaghetti Bolognaise @holidayinn #IST yummy...

- Getting tired, called for a wake up call, placed my own phone to ring. Good night everyone from here #Istanbul 22:20.. time to sign off..

Stay connected with me here and/or on twitter while I am on the road. I am @funlilliy and this is my twitpic.

That’s it for now...

Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog by clicking the RSS Feed button above on the sidebar.

Write to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment