Thursday, November 19, 2009

On The Road & Microblogging... Till Aug 14th 09

I am going away again within a few days for my next trip to Arizona where I was born passing through Istanbul of course. It will be a very busy trip and packed with things to do and see. I will not be able to regularly and actively blog on this site with my usual style, searched, and packed with photos posts.

As an experiment and Inspired by Jon Rawlinson Productions Blog where he posts his twitter microblogs on a post every day (microblogging is a form of active blogging through out the day when you come to think of it) I will try to do the same depending on access to an internet connection on the road, finding free wifi, and making the time to sit in an internet cafe to upload my pictures and posts. I haven’t yet figured out how just to do it right away into a post. If any one has thoughts on the matter then please place a comment below or twitter me @funlilliy with a message.

I think the main goal is to try to involve my regular readers on this site who are not active followers on twitter or who might miss my twitter posts depending on the time of day they log in to their accounts with my active travel. Kind of a way to connect with both readers and followers. It is also a way to document my travels as they happen with my thoughts as they flow in and get twittered to look back at them when I will be writing and editing my future posts on this trip.

Photos, I will continue to post "My Travel Photo of the day" on my twitpic from both my collection and from the road also depending on my access to internet. I always try to post my shots right away into my flickr account when ever I can on the road so not to lose them.
That also goes for "Learn Turkish Phrase of the day" which will continue on twitter.

I hope that you will like the microblogs that I am going to place effort in making them more useful to everyone.

Stay connected with me here and/or on twitter while I am on the road. I am @funlilliy and this is my twitpic.

That’s it for now...

Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog by clicking the RSS Feed button above on the sidebar.

Write to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment