Thursday, November 19, 2009

Twitter Update Back From The Road… Day Five Aug 7th 09 Tucson AZ

Mission San Xaviar Tucson Arizona

- Well its time to catch up on day 5 of my trip. I woke a bet overwhelmed because I wanted to see #Tucson and had a day and a half to do so.

- There was a travel book on #Tucson in the hotel. So I flipped through it. I mainly was interested in seeing landscapes & desert plants of AZ

- I found what I was looking for and a few extra. In #Tucson there are 2 major parks "The Catalina State Park" and "The Tucson Mountain Park"

- More importantly there was "Saguaro National Park". Which had the Desert Plants landscape and it is a national preservation area as well.

- I am always interested in unique old building architectures and historic sites that lead to choose to see "San Xavier Indian Reservation"

- My last choice for the day was going to be near sunset to be able to enjoy the panoramic view of #Tucson was the scenic ride up Mont. Lemmon

- I marked everything with the plan route on my trusted paper map. I was set to go. First breakfast, it had to be a real western breakfast.

- I went to Denny's had a nice waitress who called me honey & got the lumber jack special. I was only able to eat 1/2 of it but it was hearty.

- My plan was to go west... then down south... then east... then come back down the mountain in time to see a movie... then calls it a day.

My first stop heading towards "Saguaro National Park West" on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/e1vx5 - My first stop heading towards "Saguaro National Park West"

- The frustrating part was that along the road there were no good areas to stop the car to get the great shots I was interested in, I managed.

I took loads of photos as much as I can at "Saguaro National ... on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/e1yek - I took loads of photos as much as I can at "Saguaro National Park" west #Tucson #AZ

- I will be uploading all my trip photos soon to my account on flickr.

- After I reached the end of the park I turned back made more stops, took more photos, and started to head south to The Indian Reservation.

I was interested in one building "Mission San Xavier" which b... on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/e217j - I was interested in one building "Mission San Xavier" which building began in 1783 and finished in 1797

Inside the building "Mission San Xaviar" #Tucson #Arizona on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/e233w - Inside the building "Mission San Xaviar" #Tucson #Arizona

- After walking around checking out the local craft shops that had great silver jewelry. It was time to head back to the city & take a break.

- After a late quick lunch and the cold drink break it was time to head north east to Mont. Lemmon up to the top curvy road drive.

The scenic curvy road drive up to the top of "Lemmon Mountain... on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/e25qo - The scenic curvy road drive up to the top of "Lemmon Mountain" #Tucson #AZ

The skyline panoramic view of #Tucson #AZ city below from "Le... on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/e26pp - The skyline panoramic view of #Tucson #AZ city below from "Lemmon Mountain"

Finally at 8000 feet reached the top to #Summerhaven Village ... on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/e29ae - Finally at 8000 feet reached the top to #Summerhaven Village at Mont. Lemmon #AZ

- The weather was much cooler on top of the mountain than below in the city. It was nice to walk around take a nice break after the long drive

- The sun was about to set and I didn't want to drive down the very curvy road to the city in the dark so started to head back. Enjoyed view.

- I started the drive and annoyed some of the drivers because I wouldn't go fast. I was scared to tip over to be honest when going into curves

- I was down before it got really dark and was able to get to the movie theater in time to see "Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince"

- I sat and my head was still spinning from the long drives all day. It was nice to sit back and relax with pop corn and a big cold drink.

- By the time I was in my room I was more than ready to sleep with my day cloths on. With that I conclude my day 5 of my trip and tonight too.

- I hope you enjoyed the photos on my twitpic page. More soon. Goodnight and good luck ... write to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment