Saturday, April 2, 2011

Returning to Travel Blogging... through sights and sounds...

Sweets Istanbul Turkey 2009


Hello every one!!! 
I think its been too long since I actually posted a real post on this blog. As most of you have known me since 2009 when I started travel blogging lightly for a short period of time initially as "Travel With Fun Lilliy" then I started a self hosted website with the same above name "Travel Sights With Lilliy" but because of my very busy work schedule and starting up a new practice which needed loads of additions, training for new techniques, meetings, marketing, and set up the staff to the standard that fits the image that I wanted to portray for my work.. it took up all of my free time... and the rest of my time I was channeling my blogging, and social media connecting acquired techniques from travel blogging to my professional use which paid off in building my work reputation. Travel blogging has prepared me in so many ways to be able to implement it in my line of work field. 
So now that almost every thing is starting to be kind of on autopilot in my work.. I can start looking into my own personal passions, which is travelling and travel blogging.. I have thought long and hard on the way its going to be in a realistic manner.. my personal time is still very limited but I still want to be able to contribute to this community that I love so much and love being a part of..

These will be my contributions for the time being:

Mon- Thu: 
1- "Travel Photo of The Day" series from my flickr account, which will concentrate on one sightseeing area in a city. 
2- In an effort to learn my sister background language "originally Uzbek" Turkish and get more encouraged by sharing these efforts I will be bringing back "Turkish Phrase of The Day".

Fri-Sun:
1- Sight and Sounds Travel Video Of The Week
2- Travel reflection, experience, or tips.. etc post focused mostly on the area featured in the photo series during the week.
3- Round Up of The Week Turkish Phrases and occasional tips on how to practice the language to become more fluent.
4- Bi-Weekly favourites from the travel blogsphere be it blog posts, photos, or travel videos, and any news that I might find interesting.

During my travels I will be bringing back some favourite type of posts:
Twitter Updates From The Road with twitpics. I found that it was much easier for me to share my travels through micro blogging.. and I enjoyed the feed back I got when I did it along time ago..

You will be seeing me more active on a daily bases on twitter @funlilliy and Facebook so add me as your friend and introduce your self and your travel blog so that I can visit you. Im also on StumbleUpon.

I hope with this I will be able to become a more active member in this wonderful inspiring community of amazing travel bloggers.. as for a self hosting site.. I find for now the blogger platform is a much easier way for me to blog with my time limit, it just simplifies it for me in so many ways..

You can connect with me in so many ways check out my contact page.

Ads:
Blogging For Dummies
Lonely Planet Turkey (Country Guide)
The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment